5 cups of bread (any bread will do but a stale rustic loaf is best)
1 cups of milk or cream
1 cup of maple syrup
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Butter a 9″ x 5” loaf pan.
- Cut bread into one-inch cubes.
- Add bread to pan and dot with 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix milk, maple syrup, eggs, cinnamon, walnuts and salt and pour over heated bread.
- Return to the oven and bake again for 30-40 minutes
Serve warm or cold, as is or top with fresh whipped cream.