Warning, this delicious, chewy Greek candy is easy to make and rather addictive. It’s a great energy-packed snack, so don’t feel too bad if you eat more than a few.
2 cups sesame seeds, toasted*
1 cup pumpkin seeds (raw or toasted)
1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
1 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it with oil or butter.
- Place honey in a small saucepan and heat over a medium heat until it starts to bubble and forms a mass.
- Add sesame seeds, pumpkin seed, ground flax seeds and salt to the pan and mix well.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring until the mixture is a rich golden-brown color, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it to about 1/4 inch thick. You can do this with a spatula or by placing a slightly oiled piece of parchment paper over the mixture and using a rolling pin to thin it.
- Cool completely.
- Transfer the candy to a cutting board (keep it on the parchment paper). Using a knife, pizza cutter or kitchen shears, cut into small pieces (rectangle, triangle, your choice).
- Place in an airtight container.
Yield: Approximately 50 pieces.