This is one of my favorite ways to prepare grilled corn. The recipe is adapted from www.marthastewart.com.
4 ears of corn in husk
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 ounces queso fresco (or feta cheese)
– Soak corn, still in husks, in cold water for 10 minutes, turning once.
– Heat grill to high. Place corn on grill. Cover and cook until husks are charred. Turn to char all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
– Using a kitchen towel (the ears will be hot), pull back the husks; remove and discard corn silks. Keep the husks attached. They will work as a nice holder for your corn.
– Return corn to the grill. Make sure the husks aren’t on direct heat, as they tend to catch on fire. Turn and cook just until kernels are slightly charred, 5 minutes or less.
– Mix mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder and salt and brush on cooked corn. Sprinkle with queso fresco. Serve hot.