There is only one word for these cookies, decadent. They are modified from BakeWise: The Hows and Whys of Successful Baking with Over 200 Magnificent RecipesShirley O. Corriher’s recipe in Bakewise. I like to make these bite-sized because they are super rich.
7 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter
4 ounces (one bar) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 ounce (1/4 of a bar) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt chocolate and butter together. This can be done using a double boiler or in the microwave on 50 percent power for about a minute.
- Beat eggs and sugar. Stir in the chocolate-butter mixture and vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter. The batter will be slightly runny.
- Spoon a teaspoon of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. These cookies will spread, so don’t crowd them.
- Bake on center rack in the oven for eight minutes.
- Let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them to a wire rack.
Makes three dozen mini cookies